System Requirements - IL2 Cliffs of Dover BLITZ EDITION

Moderator: Command Officers

334th_Padre
Great Britain
Loading…

System Requirements - IL2 Cliffs of Dover BLITZ EDITION

Post by 334th_Padre » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:41 am

CURRENT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Below is a list of system requirements announced on the Steam store page HERE. These system requirements are a list for the original game at time of release.

Whilst it is advisable to look at these, there is another source where Team Fusion Quotes lower specs for the sim. Those are in a seperate section further down the page.

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core I5 6500 or equivalent
Memory: 4GB
Graphics: 4Gb Direct X 11.0 compliant
Hard Drive: 8GB
Sound: DirectX® 11 compatible
Peripherals: Joystick, keyboard
Multiplay: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:

ATI®: 5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970

NVidia®: 250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core I7 6800k or equivalent
Memory: 16Gb
Graphics: 8Gb DirectX® 11 compliant
Hard Drive: 10GB
Sound: DirectX® 11 compatible
Peripherals: Joystick with twist handle rudder or Joystick with rudder pedals

ACTUAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Below is a list of system requirements from TEAM FUSION SIMULATIONS (official developers) of the system requirements for the new Official Patch TF 4.5 update. It was taken from the ATAG forum as a reply to a question about system requirements. There is also the same list of System Requirements in a now updated Beginners Guide released by Team Fusion for the new Blitz Edition

Download TEAM FUSION BEGINNERS GUIDE IL2 CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ EDITION HERE

I personally would go with an assumption that the system requirements from Steam are not accurate, and the one below should be a minimum you should aspire to to begin with in this flight sim. There are however people running the new Blitz Edition of CLoD with lesser specs.
"This system requirements list applies only to the latest upcoming TF4.5 update which will come into effect shortly

The current recommended system (as suggested by Team Fusion Simulations) which will run the game fine at normal resolutions (upto 1920x1080) on a single monitor with most settings on Maximum.

PROCESSOR: Core I5 3.2 ghz
GRAPHICS: NVidia GTX 960 2gb
SYSTEM MEMORY: 8 gb DDR3 RAM
STORAGE MEMORY: 250 gb Solid State Hard Drive for Operating sygame and system, backup 3tb SATA drive for storage

An optimum system would use a

PROCESSOR: Core I7 Quad core 4.0 Ghz, a
GRAPHICS: GTX 980 6Gb (or higher such as the 1060 upwards)
SYSTEM MEMORY: 16Gb DDR3 RAM.

note:
CLOD cannot use more than 4 cores.

Unfortunately due to issues with the AMD cards, some experience land texture tiles being visible so for CloD Team Fusion recommend Nvidia cards. "
My personal feeling is that although there is a specified amount of space in the system requirements for installation, the typical installation including TF's current patch is just over 8Gb. I'd imagine with mission files, temporary files and perhaps skin files being added, a large installation might swell to no more than 15Gb, so as long as you have that amount of space, you will be able to install without any problems.

I would definitely recommend the use of an SSD Drive for Windows and Game installation. They really do make a difference to operating system loading time, game loading time and I'd imagine to gameplay as the game accesses files during flight. The minimum you will need will be 128Gb,
You can point most software to install on a secondary ordinary HDD drive and keep the SSD free for the OS and the gaming which will give you smoother gameplay.
Maj 334th_Padre
Squadron XO

Per Ardua Ad Astra