The server they provide, free of charge to the user, is a place they provide in order that pilots can get the best out of their experience.
As part of that, we have two things to uphold
- 334th Code of Conduct - HERE
- ATAG Server Rules - HERE
Here's what you CAN do on our servers:
- Vulching is allowed. That means that any enemy plane regardless of it's position (in the air / on the ground) is a legitimate target. Whether you want to drop bombs on a particular target or strafe a particular enemy target, if it's on the enemy side of the lines (not attacking your own team) it is fair game. We setup our missions so that if you want to get directly into the action, the forward air fields are there to allow you to do so. But with spawning in on the front lines, be expected to spawn into your airfield possibly being attacked. War is hell, and this sort of thing happened in real life all the time.
- Perching/Camping is allowed. This means that you can fly cap over an enemy airfield to try and take out any unsuspecting enemy planes taking off from there. Again, you must tactically think about the situation (where you've spawned at, how long the mission has been running, talk to those on TS3 etc., and get a good idea how to combat this) As always, there will be airfields you can spawn at away from the front lines that will be free of enemies. Getting perched/vulched or avoiding it, still lies within the player's decision on where to spawn. It still comes down to your own tactical choice.
On our servers, we try to allow people to fly how they want to fly. Just because some people want to fly a certain way doesn't mean that those that don't should be frowned upon. If you want to take off in a Tiger Moth and tour London - have fun! If you feel like flying around aimlessly or just doing a visual tour and staying away from combat - feel free to do it. Heck, if you feel like trying to fit a fully loaded Ju88 through the hangers at Hawkinge, good luck We are not gonna frown on any way you fly and encourage you to do what you want to have fun in your own way.
- Talking in chat is allowed. I've heard some comments about other servers saying that typing in chat will result in a kick/ban, even something as simple as saying check666. Strange but true. But in the other aspect of this, if you have a server/mission suggestion, leave it for the forums. For all the work we do, believe it or not, there's sometimes that we actually like to fly and just have fun as well. The least you could do for us is make a post that clearly defines what you would like to see, or the problems you are having. In game chat is for general chat to chat about the on-going mission. It is not a complaint board. So if you're getting ignored while in chat by doing so, you should easily understand why.
Here's What is not allowed on our servers:
- No intentional team killing Lets face it, stray friendly bullets will hit other friendly planes from time to time. Identifying targets in IL2COD isn't easy. I know I've shot down a few BR20m's in a 109 before from miss ID. Stuff like that happens. Shoulder shooting is an easy mistake when your view is severely hindered of other planes while stuck in the 1st person cockpit position. So please take stuff like this with a grain of salt. But what won't be allowed is someone spawning in just for their whole intent to shoot down friendly planes. This will get you a vacation from the server very swiftly.
- Keep shoulder shooting to a minimum We all know how easy it is to shoulder shoot. You have an enemy in your sights and another friendly is in front of you trying to do the same. But please resist temptation to do so. If you know anything about IL2COD, one of it's strong points is the fact that all damages on all planes is recorded from all the pilots doing the damage. There is no more of this 1 pilot does all the work and runs out of ammo while the 2nd pilot comes in and fires a few rounds to get the kill. Whoever does the most damage regardless of who fires the last shots will get credited with w/e percentage of damage they did. There is no reason to shoulder shoot in IL2COD other than by doing it on accident. So please keep it at a minimum.
- Harassment in chat will not be tolerated This should be a no brainer, but try to be civil. 99% of the players online are there to have fun and most of the people I've met have fun regardless if they get shot down, get vulched, get perched, or just flat out - out flown. Tempers will flair occasionally. People will have bad days. This is all understandable and the facts of being human. But if you make it a habit to bring others down on a constant basis, or just flat out bitch and complain all the time, you will find yourself with a vacation from the server. Other people in the game that are trying to have fun don't want to hear it. We at ATAG don't want to hear it either. If you have gripes or complaints about the mission, we have forums for that. If you have gripes or complaints about the game, 1C has forums for that. The chat bar does not need to be filled with constant bitches, gripes or complaints! Also, the last thing we will tolerate in chat is personal attacks against ATAG. This will leave you with an immediate vacation. We've invested countless hours of our own free time and our own money trying to make a fun place to fly. The last thing we deserve or will tolerate is mocking us on our own server. I think most can easily differentiate between banter and downright hateful remarks.
- Cheating and explotation of the game will not be tolerated in any form This one pretty much speaks for itself. If you are found to be hacking into the game to modify files to give yourself some sort of advantage over the other players on the server you will be removed permanently. This is a game. If you die you can simply respawn and do it all over again. Changing of flight models, warping yourself purposefully, or any other sort of cheat/exploit will not be tolerated in any shape or form. The server uses steam VAC, an anticheat tool that collect information over a period of time against your game files comparing them to official game files. If we don't get you VAC will. If you recieve a VAC ban, this will make all of your steam games virtually useless. So take a real hard thought before you attempt to heximally decide that you want an edge over someone else. If we don't catch you, rest assured VAC most certainly will in the future.
With all that said, I don't think you'll find a more laid back type atmosphere to fly in. We don't ask much and hope you will respect what little rules we have. But above all, we hope you have an enjoyable time. We do this because we want you to have fun. We have many ideas for the future (when the game gets fixed). There isn't a provider out there that has remotely close to the hardware/bandwidth we use, and with that we truly expect some great things to happen in the coming months/years.
- Nicks with propaganda, disrespectful or that might be found offensive Please do not use nicks that would rise other fellow player's eyebrows or that contain propaganda like web links etc.