Been away for a while....

If you have a comment about our site, would like to leave a message or are unsure where to post?
Leave a comment here and we'll do our best to help.

Moderator: Command Officers

Spitslayer
United States of America

Been away for a while....

Post by Spitslayer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 pm

As the subject line suggests I've been away for quite a while but I remember the 334th from my days with Rogue Saints and Mag-13. It appears that you guys are still playing IL-2 46', how active is the community these days? I just installed VP Modpack and have been doing some offline stuff.

334th_Padre
Great Britain
Loading…

Re: Been away for a while....

Post by 334th_Padre » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:33 am

Hi Spitslayer.

Welcome to our new forums. We're just building up the site as our old one became unusable.

Yes we're still highly active in 1946, we have about 30 active squad members and picking up new members all the time as the game is available on steam for a pretty good price considering what you get. There just isn't another sim with the content available. Also, with modern computers, more people can fly 1946 than the newer sims as you don't have to have such a super computer or dedicated graphics to fly it.

We do have members who are active in Cliffs of Dover and BOS also, but the numbers of our members with rigs capable of running those sims are less than a dozen currently. We are going to have more people in Cliffs of Dover in the next few months as 1C is now supporting development.

If you fancy hooking up with us for some flights and to join us on ts, you're more than welcome.
Maj 334th_Padre
Squadron XO

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Spitslayer
United States of America

Post by Spitslayer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Padre,
Thanks for the invite, I'll get a new headset and try to get on TS with you guys. Where can I find TS info and is there any particular date/time I should connect?

Thanks again

334th_Padre
Great Britain
Loading…

Post by 334th_Padre » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Hey Spitslayer.

Sorry for the delay.

Our TS info can be found here

We usually train on a Thursday evening at 2000 GMT at the moment. You're welcome to join us then but that might be difficult if you're working as you indicate you're from the US with your country flag. The best thing to do is take a look on hyperlobby or TS and see if any of us are around. If we're flying on battle-fields servers we can sometimes be found in their TS. They require sign-up at their forum here for TS details, but their site and servers have been down due to ISP issues for the last 24 hrs.

We're also beginning to get into the new Cliffs of Dover Blitz, so if you have that you can check out the lobby to see if anyone's online, but we're usually on TS when doing that.
Maj 334th_Padre
Squadron XO

Per Ardua Ad Astra