IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Blitz Edition ** NEW RELEASE **

Moderator: Command Officers

334th_Padre
Great Britain
Loading…

IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Blitz Edition ** NEW RELEASE **

Post by 334th_Padre » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:28 pm

The latest Team Fusion patch has now been integrated into IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.
Here is all the latest info we have .............

1C Game Studios, in partnership with Team Fusion Simulations, is proud to announce the release of a newly updated and
improved BLITZ edition of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover!
clod blitz.jpg
This is now available in the STEAM store - see HERE
As announced previously, 1CGS has partnered with Team Fusion Simulations to codify and improve their previous mod
work and make it an official part of Dover. The result of that effort is now here!

All current owners of Cliffs of Dover Classic will receive BLITZ for FREE in their Steam Library starting today. You just need to install to play. It may already be there waiting for you. If you don't already own Cliffs of Dover you can purchase it from the Steam store.

To celebrate the launch, from December 14th until January 4th BLITZ will be on sale for 25% OFF. The regular price after the special will be $24.99.
If you already have Cliffs of Dover, then open and sign into STEAM, look in your LIBRARY, and it should be there waiting for you to download. It installs as a completely seperate new program, so you will have your old version as well as the new BLITZ EDITION.

When you've finished downloading and setting up the game, running it first time is a little different. Out goes the little yellow cross and TF logo, in goes the cinematic style intro from 1C and Team Fusion Simulations. You then get the copyright and epilepsy warnings and then the main menu is displayed, pretty similarly to how it used to be, but now with various apparantly random background images .....
45.tf splash.jpg
In the lower right of your screen it shows the version number. The one thing of note navigating through the Menu is that some screens have a grey/white sky in the background image, and this clashes with some of the on screen text so it can be a little bit annoying having to struggle to find an angle I can actually read what's there.

Controls are configured basically for now thanks to @334th_Hartmann who drafted a very quick pdf with the basics you will need to get airborne with a single engine fighter.

Get Hartmann's guide HERE

I basicly went through the controls deleting most of them to begin with a blank canvas. I then started inputting all the controls I use in IL2 1946 to the buttons on my Hotas Stick. The controls do vary slightly, and there are a few more things modelled in this game engine so well worth looking at Hartmann's list as you're going through each control. One such thing is the use of fuel cocks to open the supply of fuel to the engine. Another difference is that some aircraft functions have an open/close or raise/lower key binding as well as a toggle binding. Which one is more suitable depends on the situation. I'd be happy to toggle landing gear, but would rather set seperate controls for flaps raise and flaps lower rather than the toggle flaps.

It's early hours in this update as I write this, I'm sure that there will be a few surprises, annoying things and good moments around the corner.
One thing that did impress me was the visuals, and that's despite me having a graphics card that's below the minimum spec ....

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core I5 6500 or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Direct X 11.0 compliant 4 gb
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
Additional Notes: Joystick and keyboard

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core I7 6800k or equivalent
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Direct X 11.0 compliant 8 gb
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
Additional Notes: Joystick with twist handle rudder or Joystick with rudder pedals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maj 334th_Padre
Squadron XO

Per Ardua Ad Astra