How to use Anti-Aircraft Artillery

Moderator: Command Officers

334th_Tommy
Great Britain

How to use Anti-Aircraft Artillery

Post by 334th_Tommy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Some ATAG Missions allow you to use AAA defenses around airfields and enemy targets, downside of this is, is that you cannot use the gunsights except in the German Bofors gun.

I'll teach you how to do this:

1) When you load up the server pick a side,
2) Above the box were the players list is, you will see a drop down box. Click it.
3) In the drop down box you will see it says "Artilleries"
4) When this is selected you will see a list of available Flak units and their location i.e; 8.8cm AA BC20
5) Double click on the flak unit you want to control.

CONTROLS:

The only control you need the change is fire current weapon, you can find this in the vehicle section in the controls.

To move and fire the flak gun:

1) You must have the mouse control off (so you can the cursor),
2) Hold your space bar and move the mouse left and right, aim the barrel up by moving your mouse up and down.
3) I have "Fire current weapon" as mouse 1, i use this to fire.

Practice is everything as a Flak unit, i brought down a spitfire and a Blenheim that were attacking Oye-Plague last night. On CLOD night, if we spawn in and the AF is under attack, it'd be cool to have a few of us scramble to intercept while players in AA units cover the fighters.

334th_Padre
Great Britain

Re: How to use Anti-Aircraft Artillery

Post by 334th_Padre » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 pm

The only control you need the change is fire current weapon
1) You must have the mouse control off (so you can the cursor),
So I need to assign two controls not one? fire current weapon and activate mouse move mode

.... and so i can (?what?) the cursor.
2) Hold your space bar and ....
So a third control needs to be set. What control is space bar? I have space bar assigned to something else so this will conflict.
Maj 334th_Padre
Squadron XO

Per Ardua Ad Astra